Note Taking is an important part of learning process. Having a good old notebook like a fancy Clairefontaine notebook will help you retain the lessons you get from your professor’s lectures. However, possessing a notebook and writing with a nice pen is not all that you need for effective note taking. You should also adopt the skills needed for effective note taking. Distinguishing major and minor points is a skill that improves with practice and diligence. It may take some time for you to adopt this skill, but you can do so much once you do.
Everyone starts by practicing to understand what information is helpful in your studies during a lecture. Once you determine the key points, it will be easier to follow thru a good and effective note taking process of your own. If you plan to get fountain pen planners like a Leuctturm1917 notebook or a Clairefontaine notebook, you can make great use of one for note taking.
The following suggestions may help students improve the ability to take accurate and complete notes.
What information to write down:
Before you start note taking, it is important to understand what information to record. You do not need to write down every word as in this case you may miss important points while you write. Your goal is to recognize the main idea and identify and write down key points that appear to be important.
How to take complete notes:
An important aspect of effective note taking is knowing how to record the information. As it often happens that you do not have a lot of time for note taking in your Clairefontaine notebook, you should develop your own system of note taking that works for you and allows you to take all of the notes that you need to take in the time that you have. Here are some key tips from Notedian to help you out:
1. To save your time and take notes faster you can use abbreviations and symbols and use short sentences instead of writing complete sentences. You should select and use abbreviations and symbols that actually make sense to you, do not try to abbreviate every word – only for the words that you use frequently.
2. It is also helpful to leave blank space to add your thoughts and questions later.
3. As soon as possible, while the subject is still fresh in your mind, review your notes to clarify the information.
How to organize notes:
There are some basic things that you need to consider when you are organizing your notes:
- Always keep all your notes in one place, be it on your planner or your Clairefontaine notebook. Wherever works for you is best.
- Selecting the appropriate format for organizing notes helps you easily find information.
- Structure your notes by putting titles and subtitles and adding a date and page number on each page. That helps you to find and understand them later so you do not have to waste your time searching the information.
- Where possible it is also helpful to add your thoughts, comments, and questions.
- If you do not have enough time to organize your notes in class, review and organize them when you have more time. But it is better to do it the day you take them..
Check out this website: https://notedian.com/collections/notebooks?constraint=clairefontaine